Seminar: The Elder in Community
Start date:5 March 2015, 9:00
End date:8 March 2015, 13:00
Venue:Hotel Olympik TRISTAR
From 5th to 8th March 2015, the Federal Office is organising a seminar that will focus on the figure and role of the elder in community life. Seniority on the walk, authority and responsibility will be the guidelines for the seminar, the aim of which is to outline the personal specification of the brother and sister who has lived the charism of Koinonia John the Baptist for many years.
Given the specific theme of the seminar, it is particularly recommended for those who have made perpetual commitments to belong to the community.
• Date: From 5th to 8th March 2015
• Venue: Prague (CZ), in Olympik TRISTAR Hotel
• Programme: Work will begin on 5th December at 9am and will finish at 1pm on 8th December.
• The language used will be Italian, with simultaneous translation for the different linguistic groups.
• The price is €150 full board, including supper on the 4th and lunch on the 8th (refreshments, alcoholic beverages and packed lunches on departure excluded).
• Single room supplement: €44 (for whole seminar)
• Possibility of secure parking: 400 Czech Crowns for the duration of the seminar
• We ask that leaders communicate the approximate number of participants before 4th February to the secretariat of the Federal Office (this is requested by the hotel). The definitive list should be sent no later than 16th February 2015.
“Now as an elder myself and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, as well as one who shares in the glory to be revealed, I exhort the elders among you to tend the flock of God that is in your charge, exercising the oversight, not under compulsion but willingly, as God would have you do it - not for sordid gain but eagerly. Do not lord it over those in your charge, but be examples to the flock. And when the chief shepherd appears, you will win the crown of glory that never fades away.”
- 1Pt. 5:1-4